Chatswood West Ward Progress Association
“Working together for
Chatswood West Ward
for over 90 years.”
Chatswood West Ward
The Chatswood West Ward Progress Association Inc (CWWPA) is a not-for-profit group of local citizens. For over 90 years, it has worked to:
- represent the interests of residents and ratepayers
- to preserve and improve the local amenity and environment
- to facilitate community engagement in local government, and
- to encourage a keen spirit of community, citizenship and mutual help among residents of Chatswood West Ward in the City of Willoughby.
Be informed – be involved – be inspired – become a member today!
Where is the West Ward?
Chatswood West Ward is one of four electoral Wards within the City of Willoughby.
Our Ward encompasses the bushland, parks, neighbourhoods and homes from the eastern bank of the Lane Cove River to the blue gum high forest on the Roseville boundary.
Heading east, it covers the suburbs of West Chatswood and Chatswood up to the intersection of Mowbray Road and the busy Pacific Highway.
Across the highway it includes the towers of Chatswood CBD with Archer Street on the north boundary and Mowbray Road on the east.
It’s an area of great diversity in terms of people, homes and businesses.
Current Issues and Campaigns
.You can find out more about the current issues engaging the CWWPA here:
- tackling traffic congestion through planning for accumulated increase from developments
- rising concerns about the health and environmental impacts of synthetic turf fields
- read the CWWPA submission on the WCC Draft Local Environment Plan and Development Control Plan (June 2022). It covers our concerns with overdevelopment, traffic congestion, improving active transport and environmental concerns in the West Ward
- the implications of the Beaches Link and Western Harbour tunnels projects for Willoughby LGA residents. After a five year campaign by many community organisations the Beaches Link the incoming Government has announced that it is ‘on hold’. This falls short of earlier promises to cancel the project. Concerns about the impact of the Warringah Freeway Upgrade and the Western Harbour Tunnel on commuting also remain
- the impact of the Complying Development Code on our neighbourhoods
West Ward News and Events
Next CWWPA General Meeting – 7:30pm, Thursday 19 October 2023 at the Dougherty Centre. Please join us for a presentation by Mayor Tanya Taylor and a general meeting to follow.